Calendar

Waresley Village & Gun Club

Waresley & District Gun Cllub

The Waresley & District Gun Cub

 

Provides Sporting & Skeet disciplines. The Sporting layout changes regularly. The layouts are designed to provide a challenge to seasoned & new shooters alike. The ground can provide cartridges & tuition [by prior arrangement]. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries.

WARESLEY Village 

 

The parish of Waresley contains ~2k acres. It is well wooded, the chief woods being Waresley, Weavely & Sand Wood. There is a deer park in Waresley Park, which is to the west of the village. The subsoil is Ampthill clay and lower green-sand. The village lies on the main road from Biggleswade to St. Ives, two and a half miles from Gamlingay station on the London Midland and Scottish Railway. A skeleton with a small "Roman" jug in its hand was found in 1740 near Balls Bridge over Gransden Brook. Parts of a homestead moat exist at Vicarage Farm.

The parish was inclosed under a private Act of Parliament in 1808.